Location: 650 Smithfield Street, Suite 2600, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Reports to: Director of Youth Innovation
Partner4Work connects funding, expertise, and opportunities to develop a thriving workforce in the Pittsburgh region.
Partner4Work is currently seeking a talented individual with a passion for serving youth to lead the Learn & Earn program, a joint effort between the City of Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, and Partner4Work. The program is a county-wide summer jobs program open to low-income young people ages 14 to 21. The program prepares youth for their future careers, teaches work readiness, and focuses on developing programming to ensure opportunity and connection for all.
The Learn & Earn Program Manager develops program strategy and leads an effective summer youth employment program. The successful candidate will bring strategic leadership, project management, organizational, marketing, and diplomacy skills to the table.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Develop strategy for program growth
- Work with Partner4Work (P4W), City of Pittsburgh, and Allegheny County staff to develop and implement a long-term vision for the Learn & Earn program.
- Provide a high level of customer service for existing and prospective program partners through transparent, accessible, and open dialogue about the organization’s strategy and prospective projects.
- Work with the P4W Strategy Team to develop program impact measures and periodic assessment tools.
- Identify lessons learned through evaluation findings and formulate recommendations based on findings to increase program impact.
- Collaborate with Partner4Work (P4W), City of Pittsburgh, and Allegheny County staff to coordinate Learn & Earn programming from project planning and marketing and outreach, to implementation and final program evaluation.
- Solicit and engage corporate partners to serve as hosts for summer interns.
- Develop and write grant proposals and reports to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the needs, vision, and impact of the Learn & Earn program.
- Develop Request for Proposals (RFP) for program providers and application support centers, manage the RFP application, and oversee evaluation process. Manage contracting, relationships, and technical assistance with successful bidders.
- Recruit, hire and manage the Learn & Earn program staff and interns.
- Manage a distributed outreach and recruitment process, engaging community-based organizations such as libraries, youth centers, and schools.
- Oversee the Learn & Earn online application process, including overseeing Salesforce database, training internal staff and external users, developing technical assistance resources, overseeing screening of applications according to eligibility criteria, and notifying applicants.
- Oversee the process of placing accepted applicants into summer jobs with contracted providers using Salesforce database.
- Promote and enforce safety and quality standards across all contracted program providers through training, technical assistance, and site visits.
- Provide a high level of customer service to parents, youth, and community partners throughout the application process and summer programming, responding effectively to inquiries and concerns.
- Gather feedback from participating providers, worksites, youth, and parents to inform the development of future programming.
- Develop a comprehensive communications and marketing strategy for Learn & Earn, working closely with the Partner4Work communications manager.
- Lead the development of communication materials including program fact sheets, promotional and application materials, presentations, technical assistance resources, social media, and the Learn & Earn program website.
- Represent Learn & Earn at convenings, forums, and conferences to communicate the program’s strategy and objectives.
- Contribute to the development of a supportive and collaborative work environment through active participation in internal collaborations, team, and activities.
All other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent project management skills and strong leadership capabilities.
- Excellent communication and marketing skills, including oral and written presentations.
- Ability to think strategically and execute new ideas in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and in small interdisciplinary teams, while being a self-starter.
- Comfort in adapting communication in working with commercial, local government, and nonprofit sector partners.
- Ability to develop relationships and effectively collaborate with diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in using Salesforce, Microsoft Word, Excel, and other graphics tools.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Strong interest in workforce development and project management desired, with at least four years of directly applicable experience required, including demonstrated staff and program management.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Demonstrated experience in managing client relationships, knowledge of public policy, and strong financial management skills a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be used to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee may occasionally lift and /or move up to 10 pounds. The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters in an office environment.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the employee(s) in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
How to Apply
Are you passionate about helping people? Want to help businesses grow to ensure a thriving community for generations to come? Ready to challenge yourself in a flexible, collaborative, and supportive team setting?
Join Partner4Work. Submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Partner4Work provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Partner4Work is an EEO employer.